It seems like everywhere you turn these days, you see plantation shutters and all kinds of window fashions in Fort Myers, FL homes. That's because, once almost thought of as an afterthought, people understand that, besides architectural and design appeal, window coverings provide essential functions, such as blocking sunlight and UV rays, controlling temperature, providing privacy, adding value to a property, and saving energy costs. So here's what's trending these days.
Wood window blinds are a popular option
The rustic look in decor is in vogue right now, as are neutral, earthy tones and clean, minimal design. Whether you go for genuine or faux wood, you’ll be addressing these design options.
Things to keep in mind when selecting window coverings
- Shades come in all styles, from the basic roll-up to Roman, Austrian, matchstick, and cellular/honeycomb. They all add texture and style to a space; roll-ups are particularly great if you have windows with thick molding, as they cover the window but not the architectural detail.
- Window covering hardware adds additional style.
- Cordless blinds and shades are becoming more the norm than the exception because these are safer for kids and pets. Also, motorization means you can control the window treatments anywhere, including your office outside the home. This gives more protection to floors, upholstery, and other textiles, especially during the noon to 2 PM period when the sun is at its hottest and UV rays most harmful.
- Faux wood might be the better choice for bathroom windows since that room is so steamy, wet, and humid.
- Always choose the window treatment that’s best for you and your installation, not just what’s trending or what looks great in your friend’s house.
The right window treatments will protect your floors from fading and changing colors. They serve an essential function! Come into Wayne Wiles Floor Coverings, where you can explore our inventory, learn more and get a free quote. We service Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Naples, Estero, Bonita Springs, and Sanibel.