The holiday season is here and that means busy days and lots of visitors. We've broken down the best ways to clean your floors so you can save your time for more fun things! And there is still time for new floors before your big party! Let us help with a free in-home consultation.
- Dust mop or vacuum first to remove dirt.
- If you wish to use a cleaner, make sure it is safe for hardwood like Murphy's Oil Soap.
- Rinse mop with clean water and make sure it is damp and not soaked.
- Begin with the vacuum or dust mop.
- Apple cider vinegar is great for these types of floors. Mix one cup ACV with one gallon hot water.
- For a little extra shine try adding a few drops of baby oil to the mix.
- For tough food stains, mix baking soda with water and rub until gone.
- Start with vacuum or dust mop again.
- Clean tile with mild soap and water, try a rag or chamois mop instead of sponge.
- Don't let air dry, instead dry with cloth.
- If grout looks dirty, use baking soda and water paste overnight.